The Award of Excellence
The Award of Excellence was recently conferred by former Pres. Fidel V. Ramos to Hon. Rodolfo G. Valencia (RGV) for his outstanding advocacy and enviable record as Governor and Legislator of Oriental Mindoro. Photo also shows BizNews Asia publisher Antonio S. Lopez
- Former provincial governor (1992-2001)
- First district congressman (1987-1992; 2004-2013)
- Chairman of committee on housing and urban development (8th, 13th, and 14th Congresses)
- Most outstanding governor on calamity management awarded by FVR
- Most outstanding governor awarded by then President Joseph E. Estrada
- A consistent outstanding congressman
- Father of MIMAROPA (Mindoro Oriental & Occidental, Marinduque, Romblon, Palawan)
- Author of RESA (Real Estate Service Act) Law (RA 9646); HDMF Pag-IBIG Fund Charter (RA 9679), and Mindoro State College (RA 10956), among others.
As a 3-termer (9 years) governor
- Dismantled the shipping monopoly for Batangas City - Calapan City
- Saved the watershed of Mindoro making it among the country's 3 Green Provinces
- Led the reconstrution and development of Mindoro destroyed by typhoons and earthquake
- Implemented the massive development of infrastructure
- Made Mindoro the most peaceful province in Region IV, 4th top food producer in the Philippines and 9th tourism destination of the Philippines, among his outstanding achievements.